Go Shopping Bees: Gift Giving : Shopping for Retro and Vintage Gifts?

Searching for Something?

If you don't find what you're looking for here, SEARCH THE ENTIRE WEB. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Gift Giving : Shopping for Retro and Vintage Gifts?

Looked up the definition of the word “vintage” and found some talk about wine.

Definition: the year or place in which wine, especially wine of high quality, was produced. Example: "1986 was a classic vintage for the Cabernet Sauvignon".


1986??!! Had to laugh. But then I thought:  'Since everybody has their own interpretation of vintage, let me share mine.'  Born in the 1950s. It's the 21st century.  When I hear the word “vintage”, wine doesn't even come to mind. When I think vintage, I think retro or throwback or … basically stuff I can remember from about 40 or 50 years ago. I don't think wine.  I think Barbie.  I always wanted a Barbie doll for Christmas. 



Barbie 35th Anniversary Special Edition Reproduction of Original 1959 Barbie Doll & Package (1993) - Blonde Hair Barbie Collector Gold Label - Vintage Reproduction of the 1969 Made for Each Other 1881

Vintage Barbie Doll 1969

There are other things that also come to mind when I hear the words "vintage", "retro" or "throwback".  If you recall in my second post, I directed your attention to my other shopping channel site which I referred to as my gold mine. Well at this same shopping site, some of my pages are focused on retro or vintage products.


Clifford Faust, ArtistIf you like throwback soul music like the songs put out by the late James Brown and the still wonderful Stevie Wonder, then you might also like the way Clifford Faust captured their images in his celebrity portraits.


Duke Ellington albumIf you want to hear that quintessential jazz sound that only a vintage jazz musician can make then you'll love an album by the late Duke Ellington.




vintage books

Do you enjoy vintage books? You do!


Do you enjoy vintage movies? You do!  Did you know that before the 1983 release of "Scarface" which starred Al Pacino, there was 1932 film also titled "Scarface" produced by the late Howard Hughes?  

“Some people have a sixth sense. He has a sixth, a seventh and an eighth."  Can you guess which war movie that quote is from?  


How about vintage clothing?  Tough choices there!


Do you like vintage?  Above was a selection of my retro/vintage shopping pages.  On Pinterest, I have a pinboard wholly dedicated to collecting Everything Vintage ~ from art and photography to zombies.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment